Joachim's Travel Blog
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
 
Today is my second day at Sundance. It's not really over yet, but I figure people might be interested in hearing how things have gone this far.

I went snowboarding today. Honestly, I thought it would be better. Utah is famous for its amazing snow, but Park City hasn't really had much lately. Without a lot of snow I wasn't as excited as I'd hoped to be. It was still fun, though. The board I rented had some kind of new super-wax on it that made it completely frictionless; my first half hour was basically continuous torment for me and my skiing friend Glen. Until I actually got strapped in the scene looked like something from the Keystone cops. Once we actually started going downhill, I did all right most of the time, but getting off the lift was still a tricky operation for much of the day. The slow detached lifts weren't so bad, but when we tied to get off the first regular lift, just as I was getting my balance, the lift chair jumped me from behind! I was flipped and tossed onto my back. Everyone laughed, but my right arm still doesn't work right. Well, who needs a right arm to watch movies.

Apres ski we had a quick hot tub and headed out. I was completely exhausted and barely able to walk. We headed downtown where I picked up my prepurchased tickets. Glen got his weekend pass. We then continued on to the theater to watch "Somebodies". It was incredibly funny but somewhat haphazardly assembled. I'm not sure anyone will pick it up without a little more editing. After that we took Sparky's rented Hummer and went grocery shopping. And after that, dear reader, I came back here and typed this message in for you.

Powered by Blogger